Back to Building Standards
Becket Woods BUILDING REQUIREMENTS
(Adopted July 1, 2007)
Within the Becket Woods community there exists an Architectural Committee whose purpose is to approve and monitor construction within the confines of Becket Woods. Our purpose is to assure that construction meets the Covenant Building Standards requirements and preserves the quality of life by:
Preserving the rustic and aesthetic nature of the community
Maintaining privacy and tranquility
Considering the health and safety of the community
There are very specific requirements that must be followed regarding the construction of, or an addition to, a structure within the confines of Becket Woods. No work may begin and no vegetation may be cut until the approval of the Architectural Committee is obtained. These requirements include, but are not limited to the time of year construction may be commenced, the size of the structure, the placement of the structure upon the lot, trees or other vegetation to be cut etc. Additionally, plans for the structure must be submitted to the Becket Woods Association for approval. This does not preclude any approvals necessarily granted by the Town Of Becket and vice versa. In some respects the Covenants, Bylaws and Building Standards requirements of Becket Woods Community Association may be more demanding and restrictive than the Town of Becket or State requirements.
Becket Woods Requirements Prior to Construction:
Please review carefully the following items:
Building Standards, Schedule of Inspection, and Construction Checklist
The Becket Woods Architectural Committee will:
- Assist the homeowner/lot owner in helping to insure that their home is constructed according to Becket Woods requirements.
- Provide the Homeowner with the Becket Woods Architectural Checklist
- Oversee each project from approval of plans through the completion.
- Oversee the entire construction project and provide input to the homeowner as to the successful completion of a construction phase prior to the next phase beginning.
Provide a copy of the Schedule of Inspections.
The lot owner must provide to the Becket Woods Architectural Committee:
- Architectural Blueprints stamped by a licensed Architect
- Plans showing the dimensions of the structure and its location on the lot;
- Plans showing the location of the septic system and that a successful percolation test has been performed;
- A signed Becket Woods Architectural Checklist;
- A signed Becket Woods Schedule of Inspections;
- A signed Becket Woods Construction Deposit Agreement;
- A refundable construction deposit – the lesser of $4.00 per square foot or $10,000.00.
- This deposit will be used to insure compliance, and remedy any violations/damage that are not properly addressed by the lot/homeowner;
- A non-refundable $500.00 fee that will be used to oversee compliance with a checklist that has been provided to the lot/homeowner.